What can you say when you see a mom plastering her children with sunscreen, day after day. It is even more concerning when a little baby is coated with the cream. Our skin absorbs what we put on it. The question is – Is it safe?
Dr Axe from Dr.Axe.com says this –
“If your sunscreen contains any of these chemicals I’d throw it away right now!
List of Unsafe, Toxic Chemicals in Sunscreen
- Para amino benzoic acid
- Octyl salicyclate
- Menthyl anthranilate
Stay away from these chemicals and use the natural sunscreens.”
Badger Company, Sport Sunscreen Cream, Broad Spectrum SPF 35, Unscented, 2.9 fl oz (87 ml)
The Badger Company has a range of sunscreens for young children to sportspeople. Check them out to see what they are made of. This product’s active ingredient is Non-Nano Uncoated Zinc Oxide 22.5%.
- Zinc Oxide
- For Surfing & Other Performance Sports
- Water Resistant 80 Min
- Non Nano
- Natural Products Association Certified
- 100% Certified Natural
- 94% Certified Organic
- NSF – Contains Organic Ingredients
- Certified by QAI to NSF/ANSI 305
- Helps prevent sunburn
- For full protection, apply liberally (2mg/cm² of skin) to all exposed skin 15 minutes before sun exposure, then rub in to reduce whitening effect.
- After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
- Immediately after towel drying
- At least every 2 hours
Sun Protection Measures:
- Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging
- To decrease this risk, regularly use sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 am-2 pm
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
- For children under 6 months of age: ask a doctor.
|Non-Nano Uncoated Zinc Oxide 22.5%||Sunscreen|
|Ingredients *Helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil, *cera alba (beeswax), *simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, tocopherol (sunflower vitamin E).
* = Certified Organic
For external use only.
Do not use on damaged or broken skin. Stop and ask a doctor if a rash occurs.
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
Keep out of reach children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
Store at temperatures below 90°F.
No animal testing
Take a look at their range of products.
These quality discount products are from IHerb. IHerb is one of the best Internet Companies I have ever used. They stock 35,000 brand name products. Free or discount shipping rates. All reviews, good or bad are by verified customers. iHerb’s charitable donations in 2015 totaled $971,772. This included two new schools in Cambodia. I am proud to be an IHerb affiliate.